Originally built in 1959 for football and then modified in 1975-76 for baseball. It was first called the Canadian National Exhibition Stadium. The Blue Jays played there from April 7, 1977 to May 28, 1989.
DISTANCES FROM HOMEPLATE
The Blue Jays have played one forfeit game, a 9-0 decision vs Baltimore on September 15, 1977. In that game Jim Clancy had held the Orioles to two-hits over five innings before Earl Weaver pulled his club off the field. His reason was that the tarps on the Blue Jays bullpen created a hazard for his players.
There never was a no-hitter pitched at Exhibition Stadium.
Built by Stewart-Warner, installed in 1978, was 41 feet high and 131 feet long.
Monsanto Astroturf of 160,000 square feet was the largest artificial playing surface in North America. New turf was installed in 1985.
One game was suspended at Exhibition Stadium: August 28, 1980 in a 7-5, 15-inning loss to Minnesota. The game was suspended after 14 innings due to a 5 p.m. Canadian National Exhibition curfew.