APPOINTED: Named to the position of Hitting Coach on Oct. 31, 2013.
PERSONAL: Kevin Lee Seitzer... Married with four children, with two playing professionally... Nick (Graffeo) played in the Royals system and Cam currently in the Rays system... Owns and operates Mac-N-Seitz baseball and softball training facility in Kansas City along with ex-teammate Mike Macfarlane.
• Played 12 seasons in the Majors, compiling a .295 average with 285 doubles, 35 triples, 75 home runs and 613 RBI for the Royals (1986-91), Brewers (1992, 1993-96), Athletics (1993) and Indians (1996-97).
• Was a two-time AL All-Star (1987, 1995).
• In 1987 finished second in the AL Rookie-of-the-Year balloting to Mark McGwire.
• Holds Royals rookie records for hits (207), walks (80) and led the league in hits that season as well... Had six hits on Aug. 2, 1987 vs. Boston.
• Appeared in the postseason twice with Cleveland (1996-97), going to the World Series once (1997).
• Served as the hitting coach with Arizona for the first half of 2007.
• Joined the Royals as hitting coach on Oct. 13, 2008, holding the position for four seasons... Led the 2010 club to the second best average in the Majors, and a ML fewest 905 strikeouts... In 2012 the club finished with the fourth highest average in the Majors.
• Will be his first season as Blue Jays Hitting Coach.