5/23/2013 11:14 A.M. ET
Carlos Delgado to host Fantasy Camp in support of Extra Bases Foundation
By / MLB.com
Join us at Rogers Centre on Monday, July 22 for Carlos Delgado/Extra Bases Training Day in support of the Extra Bases Foundation. Participants can register at www.bluejays.com/delgado or by calling the Blue Jays Baseball Academy at 416-341-2500.
This one of a kind event starts at 8:00am and offers participants an opportunity to take to the Rogers Centre field with several Blue Jays legends, making for a once in a lifetime experience. All participants will receive the following benefits:
(1) Mix and mingle with Blue Jays legends on the field while you receive baseball skills instruction during a full workout.
(2) Take batting practice at Rogers Centre.
(3) Take a tour of the Jays Clubhouse.
(4) Mix and mingle with some Blue Jays legends while watching the Blue Jays take on the Los Angeles Dodgers from an Acura Luxury Suite.
(5) Each participant will receive a uniform, t-shirt, baseball cap and a goodie bag.
Former Blue Jays joining Carlos for this special event will be, Hall of Famer Roberto Alomar, Juan Guzman, Alex Gonzalez, Shawn Green, Cy Young Award winner Pat Hentgen, Jose Cruz, Candy Maldonado, Duane Ward and Lloyd Moseby.
“The Extra Bases Foundation is an organization that is near and dear to my heart and it is a pleasure to be able to host an event that can provide meaningful support to their strong programs. With a cast of former players coming to Training Day, there is no doubt all attending will have a fulfilling experience. I truly look forward to July 22.” – Carlos Delgado
About Extra Bases: Extra Bases Foundation equips charitable organizations with the tools and resources to offer healthcare, education and physical activity services to better the lives of individuals in under-resourced communities. In addition, Extra Bases develops and operates community programs and outreach initiatives that are concerned with the well-being of those in need
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.