Byron Buxton and Miguel Sano, the Twins' top two prospects, are both on the disabled list and have yet to play this season. The club's top two pitching prospects, however, are both slated to start tonight, highlighting the Minor League schedule.
Right-handers Alex Meyer and Kohl Stewart, ranked No. 27 and 38 on MLB.com's Top 100 prospects list, will be making their third starts of the season. Stewart, the fourth overall pick in the 2013 First-Year Player Draft, and Class A Cedar Rapids play West Michigan.
Pitching for Triple-A Rochester, Meyer is facing Syracuse, a Nationals affiliate. Meyer was the Nationals 2011 first-round pick before being dealt to the Twins in exchange for Denard Span. That game can be seen at 6 p.m. ET on MiLB.TV.
Other pitchers ranked in the Top 100 who were scheduled to start Friday include: Toronto's Aaron Sanchez (No. 22), who gets the ball for Double-A New Hampshire; Red Sox top right-handed prospect Allen Webster (No. 44), who is on the mound for Triple-A Pawtucket; Phillies left-hander Jesse Biddle (No. 51), who starts for Double-A Reading; and Mets right-hander Rafael Montero (83), who is scheduled for Triple-A Las Vegas. Fans can watch Webster, Biddle and Montero on MiLB.TV.
Fans can also watch one of the hottest hitters in the Minor Leagues on MiLB.TV. Outfielder Mikie Mahtook, the Rays' No. 15 prospect, has a nine-game hitting streak going into Triple-A Durham's game against Norfolk. During the streak, Mahtook is 19-for-38 and slugging .711. As an added bonus, right-hander Nate Karns, who was acquired from the Nationals in an offseason trade, is scheduled to start for the Bulls. The game begins at 7:05 p.m.
Top prospect probables:
- Raul Alcantara (A's No. 4), Midland vs. San Antonio
- Alec Asher (Rangers No. 11), Frisco vs. Corpus Christi
- Jesse Biddle (Phillies No. 2), Reading vs. Harrisburg
- Christian Binford (Royals No. 12), Wilmington at Myrtle Beach
- Austin Brice (Marlins No. 19), Jupiter at Bradenton
- Dylan Covey (A's No. 13), Beloit vs. Lansing
- Michael Fulmer (Mets No. 16), St. Lucie at Fort Myers
- Grayson Garvin (Rays No. 20), Montgomery at Pensacola
- David Holmberg (Reds No. 7), Louisville vs. Indianapolis
- Brian Johnson (Red Sox No. 13), Salem at Winston-Salem
- Nate Karns (Rays No. 8), Durham at Norfolk
- Michael Kickham (Giants No. 17), Fresno at Sacramento
- Braden Kline (Orioles No. 16), Frederick at Carolina
- Michael Lorenzen (Reds No. 5), Pensacola vs. Montgomery
- Adalberto Mejia (Giants No. 3), Richmond at Altoona
- Alex Meyer (Twins No. 3), Rochester at Syracuse
- Andrew Mitchell (White Sox No. 18), Kannapolis vs. West Virginia
- Rafael Montero (Mets No. 3), Las Vegas at Reno
- Daniel Norris (Blue Jays No. 4), Dunedin at Brevard County
- Braulio Ortiz (White Sox No. 20), Winston-Salem vs. Salem
- Joe Ross (Padres No. 9), Lake Elsinore vs. Modesto
- Aaron Sanchez (Blue Jays No. 1), New Hampshire at Binghamton
- Kohl Stewart (Twins No. 4), Cedar Rapids vs. West Michigan
- Andrew Thurman (Astros No. 16), Quad Cities vs. South Bend
- Nick Travieso (Reds No. 8), Dayton vs. Kane County