Tigers Press Release
Tigers to Host Game Two of the American League Division Series
Against the Oakland Athletics on Sunday at 12:07 p.m.
DETROIT – The American League Central Division Champion Detroit Tigers will host Game Two of the American League Division Series against the Oakland Athletics on Sunday, October 7, at Comerica Park. All gates will open at 10:00 a.m. First pitch will be at 12:07 p.m. A limited number of tickets for Game Two of the ALDS are still available by calling 866-66-Tiger, visiting Tigers.com or at the Comerica Park Box Office.
Sunday, October 7 – Oakland Athletics (Probables: Doug Fister vs. TBA) @ 12:07 p.m. (Gates open at 10:00 a.m.)
· All fans will receive a Detroit Tigers Rally Towel, courtesy of BallPark & Meijer.
· Former Tigers player and 1984 World Series Champion, Larry Herndon, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch before Sunday’s game.
· The national anthem will be performed by 2012 American Idol finalist Skylar Laine. Our Nation’s Colors will be posted by the US Air Force Honor Guard.
· Game Ball Delivery: Aviation Survival Technician First Class Dace Coombes and his wife Yeoman Third Class Anne Coombes of the United States Coast Guard from Traverse City, Michigan will deliver the game ball. Aviation Survival Technician Coombes is a rescue swimmer and has been stationed in Oregon, Michigan and North Carolina, where he was an instructor at the Coast Guard Aviation Survival Technician School. Yeoman Third Class Coombes is a Coast Guard Aviation Logistics Center HR specialist and has been stationed in North Carolina and Michigan. They have protected our nation's waterways and coastlines for a collective 15 years.
· AL Central Champions Gear: Tigers fans still have the opportunity to purchase the same official apparel worn by the team during the postgame clubhouse celebration. Postseason gear is available at The D Shop, which is located at Comerica Park on the corner of Witherell Street and Montcalm Street.