DUNEDIN, Fla. -- Frank Francisco is set to visit Dr. James Andrews early this week to receive a second opinion on his sore right pectoral muscle.

Francisco initially had an MRI performed on Friday but the results came back clean. He felt some discomfort while throwing a bullpen session on Saturday, though, and the club is opting to send him for another examination.

Toronto was hopeful that it would take place on Monday but there weren't any flights available to Birmingham, Alabama, where Andrews is based.

"I think more than anything this is to give us as much information as possible to give him peace of mind and just make sure there's nothing in there," Blue Jays manager John Farrell said. "We have every reason to believe there isn't, to date, because of the MRI we've received, so there's no structural issues.

"But we just want to be sure we do the right thing by Frankie and get him checked out by Dr. Andrews."

Right-hander Octavio Dotel is set to appear in a Minor League game on Tuesday as he attempts to return from a right hamstring injury. Toronto would like to find out by Wednesday whether he will be ready for Opening Day.

"That's probably a pretty good mark on the calendar," Farrell said. "Are we going to be able to factor them in for Opening day -- I think as we get to the middle of the week [we'll know].

Farrell's use of the bullpen on Sunday afternoon against the Twins could act as a prelude of what to expect at the start of the regular season.

Right-hander Jon Rauch closed out Toronto's 3-0 victory with a scoreless ninth inning. Jason Frasor threw a scoreless eighth while Shawn Camp accomplished the same feat in the seventh inning.

If Francisco and Dotel require time on the disabled list Farrell indicated that that is the formation of the bullpen he prefers.

Top prospects Gose, d'Arnaud sent down

DUNEDIN, Fla. -- Top prospects Anthony Gose and Travis d'Arnaud were returned to the Blue Jays' Minor League camp on Sunday morning.

The move leaves Toronto with 42 players in camp with just 12 days until Opening Day. The club still has 24 pitchers, three catchers, 10 infielders and 5 outfielders -- including 12 non-roster invitees.

The cuts of Gose and d'Arnaud had been anticipated for the past week as the Blue Jays wanted to ensure the pair received enough at-bats to prepare for the start of their Minor League season.

Gose in particular caught the eye of manager John Farrell with the improvements he made during Spring Training. He began to drive the ball and also displayed increased awareness on that basepaths. Those two assets combined with his impressive range in center field make him a player to watch in the coming seasons.

"He's got the potential to impact the game in three different areas," Farrell said. "He's as exciting as there might be in the game and we certainly value him high. He's going to have a very bright future."

Gose likely will begin the year at Double-A New Hampshire after spending 2010 in Class A. Last season he hit .262 with 88 runs scored and 45 stolen bases.

D'Arnaud has been told that he also will start the year in Double-A. The 22-year-old will have an opportunity to work with manager -- and former Major League catcher -- Sal Fasano as he continues his work behind the plate. The native of California ranks ninth overall on MLB.com's list of top catching prospects.

Hill slated to join team at beginning of week

DUNEDIN, Fla. -- Aaron Hill played second base in a Minor League game for the second consecutive day on Sunday afternoon.

Hill was expected to play the infield for half the game while also receiving at-bats for the full nine innings. He remains on schedule to join the Blue Jays at the beginning of the week.

"He continues to feel an increase in strength and everything is still on target for Tuesday in an A-game," Toronto manager John Farrell said.

Hill has yet to appear in a Grapefruit League game because of tightness in his right quadriceps muscle. Last season, the 28-year-old hit .205 with 26 home runs and 68 RBIs.